We attended the 2017 MFEA annual convention and set-up a mock demonstration showcasing an example stadium that could be at a convention venue or under a big tent. We hosted Rocket League on the PCs, and Mariokart8 on two separate consoles.
Our techs not only set-up streaming for our set-up, but we also set-up the wifi for the convention too.
We invited attendees to do a survey asking them:
- What percentage there attendee demographics were across 5 separate age groups?
- What or who they represented: organization, venue, fest, or sponsor?
- If they would like to set-up a meeting to include Esports at their next event?
- What their level of play was?
- If they knew or heard of certain identified games listed?
Of the 1500 attendees, better than 90% of the attendees were baby boomers and Gen Xers in attendance.
It was a wonderful convention. We met many new friends in the fairs and festival association who took the time to learn about MiLBooM.